DSFF(DEAF SPORTS & FOOTBALL FOUNDATION) FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN 2017-2018
STORIES FROM DEAF GB UNDER 21 FOOTBALL PLAYERS
Chris Beech who is the Chair of the GBDF(Great Britain Deaf Football )as well as being a Director of DSFF and helped by Ryan Lewis who is the Funding Manager of GBDF have asked some of their Under 21 deaf players to address some of the following questions- see below -which are relevant to the campaign through film or writing.
• brief history of their football background
• what barriers they have faced?
• what does it mean to them to be selected for GB?
• what has this done for their confidence etc?
• what barriers do they now face in terms of funding?
• what are their ambitions?
Please see attached written responses from young deaf footballers who have kindly responded so far and a film video which is in BSL (to be translated into English)
Readers may be interested to learn that Danny Rea is in both the U21 and Senior Men’s Football teams.
STORIES FROM DEAF MEN & WOMEN FROM SENIOR GB FOOTBALL TEAMS
Please read a story from Jacob Willis who plays for the GB Men’s team, who are going to Italy for the Worlds Championships in June,2016.
Please help in any way YOU can in supporting DSFF in their Fund Raising Campaign